[Bmcu] Eureka!!

To: "bmcu-members@googlegroups.com" <bmcu-members@googlegroups.com>, "bmcu@autox.team.net" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] Eureka!!
From: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 18:51:40 -0600

--_a26e53ad-1b62-4341-8f21-1b1d1f0192f0_

=0A=
=0A=
=0A=
It was a beautiful Saturday morning when 34 BMCU members=2C from 2 states=
=2C with 22 cars met for a leisurely drive along the scenic west side of Ut=
ah Lake=2C to the quaint mining town of Eureka.  This was the first outing =
for the 2015 driving season and an excellent turnout of LBCs.  It was fanta=
stic to see such support from the ladies on the tour.  I hope that you will=
 continue to come along.

We took lunch orders with the knowledge that when we arrived at our destina=
tion=2C our food would be ready.  The excellent weather made "tops down" th=
e order of the day.  Along the route=2C before our "drain & gain" stop in S=
aratoga Springs=2C Murphy raised his head with my cell phone ringing.  Jill=
 took the call since I was busy piloting our Alpine.  The wind noise preven=
ted me from hearing exactly what was being said=2C but the gist of the call=
 was that that the cook=2C in Eureka=2C was very sick and would not be work=
ing.  The kind folks at the Fill-R-Up said that they would still try very h=
ard to make everything right.  Thankfully=2C the cruise participants took t=
he news in stride=2C saying=2C "no problem=2C we drive British cars and kno=
w that stuff happens."

Continuing south to Elberta=2C the road was nearly empty with virtually no =
one going either direction.  Our intrepid newsletter editor=2C Rob Foye=2C =
dashed out ahead and set up to take photos of our group as we went by.  (se=
e the Newsletter for pictures)  If anyone has pictures from the event=2C pl=
ease feel free to add them.

When we arrived in Eureka=2C the folk there had realized that the cook had =
already prepared some pulled pork since it takes 12 hours to cook it.  Many=
 of us partook of the pork in very tasty sandwiches.  The hogie sandwiches =
were good=2C also=2C and we sat around two picnic tables they had rustled u=
p for us.  Then several pizza's of various types started arriving!

We were all careful not to block any entrances or exits to the small conven=
ience store=2C but wow=2C did we put on a car show for the locals.  Lots of=
 questions asked=2C along with the usual "I used to have one of those" comm=
ents.  We were even invited back in August for the parade!

After enjoying the hospitality of Eureka and finishing our lunches=2C we di=
vided up into several smaller groups and left town in a couple of direction=
s.  One group headed back east=2C down the hill=2C retracing our route.  Tw=
o other groups headed west out of town and then turned north toward Tooele.=
  The lead group continued onto Tooele while the second group turned east j=
ust before getting to Tooele and went over Five Mile Pass=2C through Fairfi=
eld and Cedar Fort =2C back to Saratoga Springs and SLC.  Those of us who h=
eaded west were paced by a long freight train heading north=2C also.  The e=
ngineer of the train must be a British car fan because as each car went pas=
t the locomotive=2C he would individually give a couple of toots on his air=
 horn for the vehicle.  Way cool!!!

The following were signed in for the Eureka Run.  I apologize in advance fo=
r anyone I missed or misspelling of your names.  I believe there must be so=
me doctors in our group.

Roger & Jill Davis=2C John Progess=2C Dave & Julie Spendlove=2C Rich Weylan=
d=2C Larry Farrington=2C Paul Jaroch=2C Rob & Paula McNair=2C Jerry Bletzac=
ker=2C Don & Julie McEligot=2C Jim Stover=2C Wade & Ally Ashby=2C Werner Pr=
ochasva=2C Frank & Vickie Mousley=2C Gary Lindstrom=2C Kevin Cowan=2C Ari I=
oannides=2C Jason & Stacy Underwood=2C Wayne & Linda Mortensen=2C Steen & A=
rlene Sorensen=2C Pat & Donna Rider=2C Drew Frink=2C Doug & Peggy Wright
=0A=
                                          =

--_a26e53ad-1b62-4341-8f21-1b1d1f0192f0_

<head>
</head>
=0A=
.hmmessage P=0A=
{=0A=
margin:0px=3B=0A=
padding:0px=0A=
}=0A=
body.hmmessage=0A=
{=0A=
font-size: 12pt=3B=0A=
font-family:Calibri=0A=
}=0A=
--></style>=0A=
=2C from 2 states=2C with 22 cars met for a leisurely drive along the sceni=
c west side of Utah Lake=2C to the quaint mining town of Eureka.&nbsp=3B Th=
is was the first outing for the 2015 driving season and an excellent turnou=
t of LBCs.&nbsp=3B It was fantastic to see such support from the ladies on =
the tour.&nbsp=3B I hope that you will continue to come along.<br><br>We to=
ok lunch orders with the knowledge that when we arrived at our destination=
=2C our food would be ready.&nbsp=3B The excellent weather made "tops down"=
 the order of the day.&nbsp=3B Along the route=2C before our "drain &amp=3B=
 gain" stop in Saratoga Springs=2C Murphy raised his head with my cell phon=
e ringing.&nbsp=3B Jill took the call since I was busy piloting our Alpine.=
&nbsp=3B The wind noise prevented me from hearing exactly what was being sa=
id=2C but the gist of the call was that that the cook=2C in Eureka=2C was v=
ery sick and would not be working.&nbsp=3B The kind folks at the Fill-R-Up =
said that they would still try very hard to make everything right.&nbsp=3B =
Thankfully=2C the cruise participants took the news in stride=2C saying=2C =
"no problem=2C we drive British cars and know that stuff happens."<br><br>C=
ontinuing south to Elberta=2C the road was nearly empty with virtually no o=
ne going either direction.&nbsp=3B Our intrepid newsletter editor=2C Rob Fo=
ye=2C dashed out ahead and set up to take photos of our group as we went by=
.&nbsp=3B (see the Newsletter for pictures)&nbsp=3B If anyone has pictures =
from the event=2C please feel free to add them.<br><br>When we arrived in E=
ureka=2C the folk there had realized that the cook had already prepared som=
e pulled pork since it takes 12 hours to cook it.&nbsp=3B Many of us partoo=
k of the pork in very tasty sandwiches.&nbsp=3B The hogie sandwiches were g=
ood=2C also=2C and we sat around two picnic tables they had rustled up for =
us.&nbsp=3B Then several pizza's of various types started arriving!<br><br>=
We were all careful not to block any entrances or exits to the small conven=
ience store=2C but wow=2C did we put on a car show for the locals.&nbsp=3B =
Lots of questions asked=2C along with the usual "I used to have one of thos=
e" comments.&nbsp=3B We were even invited back in August for the parade!<br=
we divided up into several smaller groups and left town in a couple of dire=
ctions.&nbsp=3B One group headed back east=2C down the hill=2C retracing ou=
r route.&nbsp=3B Two other groups headed west out of town and then turned n=
orth toward Tooele.&nbsp=3B The lead group continued onto Tooele while the =
second group turned east just before getting to Tooele and went over Five M=
ile Pass=2C through Fairfield and Cedar Fort =2C back to Saratoga Springs a=
nd SLC.&nbsp=3B Those of us who headed west were paced by a long freight tr=
ain heading north=2C also.&nbsp=3B The engineer of the train must be a Brit=
ish car fan because as each car went past the locomotive=2C he would indivi=
dually give a couple of toots on his air horn for the vehicle.&nbsp=3B Way =
cool!!!<br><br>The following were signed in for the Eureka Run.&nbsp=3B I a=
pologize in advance for anyone I missed or misspelling of your names.&nbsp=
=3B I believe there must be some doctors in our group.<br><br>Roger &amp=3B=
 Jill Davis=2C John Progess=2C Dave &amp=3B Julie Spendlove=2C Rich Weyland=
=2C Larry Farrington=2C Paul Jaroch=2C Rob &amp=3B Paula McNair=2C Jerry Bl=
etzacker=2C Don &amp=3B Julie McEligot=2C Jim Stover=2C Wade &amp=3B Ally A=
shby=2C Werner Prochasva=2C Frank &amp=3B Vickie Mousley=2C Gary Lindstrom=
=2C Kevin Cowan=2C Ari Ioannides=2C Jason &amp=3B Stacy Underwood=2C Wayne =
&amp=3B Linda Mortensen=2C Steen &amp=3B Arlene Sorensen=2C Pat &amp=3B Don=
na Rider=2C Drew Frink=2C Doug &amp=3B Peggy Wright<br></div>=0A=

--_a26e53ad-1b62-4341-8f21-1b1d1f0192f0_--

--===============7437529724091905627==

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7437529724091905627==--