racing

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: racing
From: Pugsracer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 13:49:43 -0500 (EST)
Jim
Sounds like you have upgraded your Brick quite a bit. Are you installing the
brace Terry made? I put one in my car last year. What kind of shocks are you
running and where did you get them. Mine are original and the car just sort
of floats and bounces down the course when we have raced it. The holley i
installed is the replacement for the original motorcraft. We didnt seem to
have too much problem with it in the turns. Although we did have problems
with launches. It seems that you really have to work with the clutch to keep
the revs up on launch i.e. a quick start and the car tends to bog. I am not
sure if that is carburation or rear end gearing

So what is 707 tranny? Again my car is stock and it eats throw out bearings
like candy. It always has. This car has been  in the family since new as my
father was a Bricklin dealer and those bearings don't last long which is
getting old. If you have any thoughts or experience with this problem let me
know. I have heard that there was an alignment problem or something to that
effect on some cars but the more i think about it, it seems that it has to be
simpler than that. I mean something is making that bearing stay in contact
with the pressure plate.

No i don't have a fuel cell. This car won't be raced seriously as we do that
with a Spitfire. Also, at this time our racing is limited to Autoxing and we
are not required to have rollbars. Did you take off the rear trailing arms? I
have been told that they may be a hinderance to good handling.

   Pugsracer       (Jim Pivirotto)