Brick - Front suspension

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Brick - Front suspension
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:18:02 -0500
I remember seeing 2 of you fellows talking about racing your Bricks.
But the following question is open to anyone.

How do you put a front coil spring back in the car?

I've spent about 2 hrs. trying to do it with my external spring
compressor to no avail.  Then hit most of the auto parts stores
in town trying to get an internal spring compressor.  Unfortunately,
they are all to narrow to grab the Brick. spring.

Has anyone made a spring compressor for this job or bought one?
If you bought one, I'd be curious where and for how much.  If it
is home made, I'd be interested in how you made it.

Thanks in advance

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!