More marketing

To: bricklin <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: More marketing
From: Frank Slater <fslater@nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 14:50:34 -0800
Hi guys, thanks for the background on the Bricklin.  I was interested to
see Dave's comments on the dealer in Ontario, I had understood that the
Bricklin was never marketed in Canada.

Joe, I would be happy to send you a copy of our report, it's due in May.
 I wonder if you would have in your files any type of business plan, or
marketing plan.  We did get hold of a copy of a financial statement.  No
doubt they ran too close to the line.  The production problems seem to be
the single biggest reason for the failure.

        In the old days this car was positioned beetween the 240Z and the
Corvette.  If you were to reissue an updated car today, where would it
fit?  The bar has been raised considerably in terms of what a consumer
can expect.  We are considering positioning it as a rare, upscale, very
expensive car.  Ferrari, Lamborghini(sp?, etc. What do you think?  What
would it need to stand out from todays cars the way it did in 1975?

        I wonder if anyone has any .jpg or .gif picture files of a
Bricklin we could get our mitts on.  The only ones i have seen on the web
are .html files.

        Lastly can anyone tell me how to reach Terry Tanner?  Is he on
the web somewhere, or a phone number?

thanks loads,  Frank.