Greetings fellow Brick owners

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Greetings fellow Brick owners
From: "Michael V. Mitchell" <MichaelM@bcgsys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 06:02:14 -0400
I've been "listening in" for a little over a week now (since the latest
Brickline came out), and thought I'd make myself known ...

I am the proud owner # 1155, a green with less than 7,000 miles on it.
Some of you make have seen "Marvin" (as in the Warner Bros. cartoon
Martian, our mascot) -- as he was on display at the Auburn Cord
Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana for about 14 years. He was also
the Bricklin featured in the "Chronicle of the American Automobile" Book.
(A look at the credits reveal my Mother's name, Dolores -- but my father,
Ralph, was the "driving" force).

My father and mother purchased the car in Pennsylvania along with a
used 74 tan (I'd have to look up the VIN) in '75. The tan was at the '75
meet in Hershey, both were at the '76. I spent many an hour driving the
tan, including to my high school senior prom, and to a few car shows.
That may be why my father chose me from my other 6 siblings to receive
custody. I think he knows that I'll not only take care of it, I'll let other
people appreciate its unique beauty. Although aging, the car is in good
shape and driveable. At this point, he has less than 7,000 miles on the
odometer (closer to 6,000). It has NOT been modified or restored (yes, it
even has the original hydraulics)! When I took possession, the car had
not been run in many years. My father and I re-worked the brake and
fuel system, which were a mess!

Over the last few years he's been with me, he's seen a number of car
shows and cruise-ins with my wife and daughter. Even taken the
occasional trophy. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the
Eastern Meet this year. We live in Akron, and will be trying to get the car
back in shape to attend.

I am currently looking to upgrade the doors (of course) to air. I've
repaired and replaced too many hydraulic pumps in the last few years
not to. Any advise? Best system? (Hoffman / Tanner?)

As an additional note, my local "mentor" is George Malaska. Right now,
George and his family have a prize winning red, and he is restoring a
white. George will probably be this years BI membership director, and I
will be running the computerized records for him (I'm a Network Engineer
Supervisor in "real" life). If any of you would have records (especially
computer files) with names, addresses and VINs, George and I would
love to have them.