Inner door panels

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Inner door panels
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 19:48:23 -0400
887 is missing all the interior panels.  While most are availabe, they
are extremely expensive.  Has anyone played with making new inner panels for
the doors or quarter panels?

I'm toying with the idea.  Looking for lessons learned, what to do, not to
do.

I'm hoping to borrow a set of panels from a 74 (realy need 75 - but take
what I can get).  I thinking of trying to make a mold from styrofome (sp)
and great stuff (spray foam in a can).  Then trying to lay fiberglass
cloth overtop of the molds.

If anyone has dried this, please let me know how you made out.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire