Fw: Miscellaneous Ramblings:VIN 1758

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Miscellaneous Ramblings:VIN 1758
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 00:35:52 -0500
That's a lot of spray cans. Paint in a spray can is quite a bit thinner than
would normally be sprayed. Years ago, someone painted their Bricklin with
spray cans. 42? cans, I think. Maybe they will give you a volume discount.
Turned out really nice, proving once again that preparation is everything.
It was the cover car on Vol.8, no.1. If you have a Dremel tool, cutting the
hole will be easy with a carborumdum disc. Otherwise, drilling small holes
at the four corners of the cutout with some other larger holes to clear out
the majority of the cutout, then use a small file to finish. The lock
certainly won't carry starter current. It could switch the control power to
the starter solenoid though. When I had to replace my door lock, I couldn't
find an original replacement, so I used a generic replacement type that all
used the same key.

GM