Re: Is the 75 thermostat a Ford one?

To: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is the 75 thermostat a Ford one?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 22:07:20 -0500
Yes, 160 means 160 deg f. I assume EP 330 is a part #. Yes, any standard 160
deg should work. As to whether that's the problem.........you can check the
old one by sticking it in a pan of water and heating it on the stove,
preferably monitoring the water with a cooking t'stat. It should open around
155-165 deg. With a good t'stat the car will run about 180 deg on average
assuming no accessory fans and as high as 210 in heavy traffic.

GM