Re: Can I switch springs on cars?

To: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Can I switch springs on cars?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 21:17:35 -0500

>Can I just pop the coils out of a 75 and put them into a 74?  The 74
>just doesn't have the ground clearance that is needed.
---------------
My info indicates automatics have the same coils with manual cars having
different ones. If your car is a manual, you can swap in coils from an
automatic.
---------------
  Also, just what
>is needed to put a 75 front air scoop on the 74?  I looked under the 74
>and it appears that the fiberglass part of the front fender where it
>looks like the scoop attaches is broken off and I can't really tell
>whether that piece is an integral part of the fenders or a separate
>part.  It doesn't seem possible that I would have to change both fenders
>in order to install the scoop.
--------------
I've never seen a '74, but the '75 air dam has large flanges that pop rivets
to a metal channel frame extension mounted on either side and slightly to
the rear of the radiator cowl. It rests on the bottom front portion of the
cowl. As such it's kinda flimsy and needs a rubber or hard foam block the
length of the cowl between it and the cowl.

>How about the rear springs -- is there a demonstrable difference between
>the years and are they interchangeable?
None I'm aware of. I would think so.

GM