AMC 360 won't start -- any hints?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: AMC 360 won't start -- any hints?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:12:04 PST
I finally get the @@#!% doors to work dependably and now the car won't
turn over.  The headlights are bright, the battery seems charged, the
ignition switch seems to operate.  I am not getting the starter solenoid
"CLICK" that one normally hears.  I turn the key and nothing happens but
a buzz (is this some warning device).  So, does this thing have a remote
solenoid like many fords, if so where.  If not, I take it that it is on
the starter, is this a high failure part, is it hard to replace (keeping
in mind that I am rolling around on a street with rain coming down), any
ideas on replacing?  Any other hints before I dig in?