Re: Headlight motor

To: Steve Bepko <sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Subject: Re: Headlight motor
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 16:46:45 -0600
I haven't installed it yet, but have planned it out using drawings from
one of the service manuals.  I have a suitable gear-motor that
terminates in a keyed 1/4 inch shaft.  The plan is to mount a single
shaft with two bell cranks to actuate both of the headlight housings
simutaneously.  I have a local machine shop that can fabricate the
mounting brackets for the shaft bearings and motor.  Then I will add
gears to the shaft and motor that are fixed in place with set screws.  I
happen to have these items on hand, so the design will accommodate the
parts I have.  Gears, shafts and bearings are easy to obtain.  A good
source of standard parts is Small Parts Inc.in Florida (
www.smallparts.com). Besides that you just need to fabricate the
mounting brackets and bell-cranks.  If the motor I have doesn't put out
enought torque, there are several suppliers of similar units.  I'll
report to the group once the change has been implemented.  Right now,
I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up.

George Schiro