Re: Message Forwarding Service

To: Godly Krew <GodlyKrew@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Message Forwarding Service
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:02:04 -0400
At 02:09 PM 4/7/98 EDT, Godly Krew wrote:

>I think all the Bricklin Clubs should get together and form a PRIVATE
>global database of bricklin owners with VIN and State and contact info
>for a message forwarding service......

Riley,

  There are basically only 2 Brick club, BI and OBO.  The other clubs
like BOOM are chapters of BI and them members are BI members.  I don't
know of any off shoots of OBO nor do I have a roster of their members.

  We are working on that.  I've been compiling a list of Brick owners
from any source I can.  I've got 3 different data bases so far.  Just
haven't had the time to integrate them all into one.  I have people
that are on the net only, club members only, and others that are not
members or on the net.

  Eventually we hope to have a data base of cars and of owners.  This
way we'll be able to track a cars history.  However, this will only
be as good as the info provided.  If someone doesn't tell us who they
got their car from, we loose that history.  Also if you find a Brick.
anyplace, in a junkyard, or on the street.  We'd like the VIN to track
it.  If it's on the street, try and get the owners personal stats and
envite them to join BI.  If the don't that's fine.  But we now know of
another car.  I know of 4 cars that are not in anyone's list.  So if
other club members know of only 1 or 2 cars that are non members, we'll
have close to 2300 cars identified.  Currently, I don't know how
many cars we really know of.

  Many of the owners don't want their stats. given to the general public.
Consiquently, the data will probably never be made totally public.  I'm
attempting to make as much public as I can by creating a roster of
those people here on the mailing list and starting a roster for BI.
To receive either of these rosters you MUST be on it!  The roster for
the net is email via private email to all the people that have indicated
that they want to be on the roster.  BI's roster is just starting to
take shape as people are renewing their membership.  This roster is
also ONLY available to those on it, by sending me an SASE.

  If you are interested in a particular person, car, or geographic
location, I can look it up in my databases and let you know what I have.
Hopefully once I get all the data integrated, I'll give up the data
bases to the club registrar.  Unfortuneately he doesn't currently have
a computer.  Ron and I are slowly working on establishing the data
base.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V