Re: Air cleaner

To: "William H. Whitney" <bill-whitney@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: Air cleaner
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 11:35:15 -0400
I'm assuming my '75 similar/same. The heat riser hose from the
exhaust manifold is just left off. Obviously ditto if you have the
large air intake hose. Remove vacuum lines and cap them off at their
source. If the vacuum line tees off to the choke, then you need to
run a new line back to the vacuum source. Remove the hose and PVC
valve at the valve cover and replace with an old style hotrod
breather cap. Or another option is they make adapters to the hotrod
style air cleaner that will allow you to retain the PVC valve/hose;
if you don't want the oily mess that will accumulate on the valve
cover from using an old style breather cap.

GM