RE: Ballast Resistor

To: "'Greg Monfort'" <wingracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Ballast Resistor
From: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 15:58:12 -0500
This begs another question.  Would it make sense with an Accel supercoil
(which has a cermaic balast resistor included) to run a normal wire to
the ballast resistor and then to the coil,  or should I use the
Ballasted wire to power the ballast resistor.

I am currently just running a fused normal wire to the ballast resistor
and then on to the coil but I would hate to start frying things (I have
enough problems as it is)

Has anyone replaced the mechanical choke with an electric choke on their
74?  Where are you pulling the power from?

Thanks

-Scott #466