Re: COMPRESSORS

To: "George J. Malaska" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: COMPRESSORS
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:50:11 -0500
George,

You are right, the 405CDC38/12 and the 415CDC30/12 are both 12v, 1/10 hp
rated at 100 psi continuous as well as 100 psi intermittent.  They produce
0.24 and 0.25 cfm @ 100 psi respectively.  I didn't include them in the
original message because they are not rated above 100 psi, but since the
405 does get to 115 psi they must be underrated.  Even though they produce
half the horsepower of the 315 and somewhat less cfm, it is probably better
to have the continuous rating.   If you want greater capacity, try the
TA-4101DC with 1/3 hp and 0.95 cfm @ 100 psi.  This is also rated at 100
psi continuous duty and is probably the one used in the Hummer CTIS system.
 It probably costs three times as much as well.

I can see a bright yellow electric air pump inside the front of my Bricklin
just behind the bumper but I cannot read the label on it.  I'll have to
remove the panel before I check the details.

George Schiro