Re: Fw: Headlight Vac. Res.

To: "Jim & Ginny Kelliher" <jim-ginny@home.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Headlight Vac. Res.
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:02:25 -0500

> Thanks Greg
> I have that issue, but what I am looking for is how to switch from one
> system to the other.
> Is your vin over 1217?
======
1409
======
> I am trying to figure out how to route the lines from 2 going to the
> coffee can v one going to the bumper. On the coffee can, there is one
> suppling vacum from the intake and another splits, suppling the valve
> relays and the manuel actuator under the dash. There is a check valve of
> some sort in the coffee can where the 2 hoses attach.
> Do you have any info or suggestions?
======
I hadn't paid any attention to this drawing, just had the reference. I
compared it to my car and it's somewhat different, but for sure the drawing
is incomplete / inaccurate WRT the later VIN's.

Mainly, the check valve is missing (sorry, no part #, but I assume it's from
a Vette), and of course the hose fittings, etc. are different from the
picture due to the lack of a second relay valve.

The manifold line (small hose) feeds the check valve which parallels two
large hoses on it's output. One to the tank and one to the common relay
valve (to the "T" feeding both valves in your case). Since the extra valve
isn't required, might as well remove it from the ckt. and keep it as a
spare. This will require "T"-offs to feed the other actuator.

A separate drawing based on this one needs to be done for VIN's after 1217
to avoid confusion.

GM