Progress report

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Progress report
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:30:25 -0500
Well, had an interesting day in the shop so far.  I was playing with the
relocation kit from Terry and trying to mount my AC box.  I opened it up
and took the innards out to make it easier to test fit everything.  I
think I'm going to modify one of Terrys mounts. (Once I get it redesigned
- I'll give the dimensions to Terry.) I don't know if there is something
unusual about my box or not.

Then I started trying to fix my rear spring shackles.  After some people
have emailed me to check my instulation, I found out that I had my shackles
in backwards, and the reinforcement plate in the wrong place.  So I managed
to get that all turned around today.  Then came the supprise!  I'd dropped
my exhaust system to try to get more room to get a jack under the rear of
the frame.  Once eveything, was turned around, I dropped the jack and went
to put the exhaust system back up.  Guess what?????  It doesn't fit any
more!!!!  Since I had the shackles in backwards, the car sat lower.  Now
with them turned around the exhaust pipes are hitting the rear end.  So,
I've got the muffler help up with coat hangers for the time being.  Once
I get the car roadable, I'll take it back to the shop and have them modify
the system to clear the rear end.

Oh well 1 step forward - getting the shackles turned around, and 2 steps
backwards - redesigning the 1 bracket mount, and the problem with the exhaust.
At this rate, I might finish 887 by the 12th of never.  Boy I wish I had
a driver!!!