2694 is alive!!

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: 2694 is alive!!
From: "A Good Canadian Kid" <sevrd@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:25:14 PST
And I am so looking forward to reviving it for the summer! I HOPE!

After having it in storage for the past 5+ years, 2694 is looking a little
rough. The door skins are cracked and peeling and the doors are far from
working. I am going to have a look at the doors myself but think that I am
going to have to pay a few dollars to get the wiring looked at because of a
prior mechanic/electrician that did not know what he was doing.

I have the wiring Diagram From John Blair and a few suggestions (thanks!)on
troubleshooting the doors.

Mechanically the engine and transmission and brakes are fine. One brake was
ceased but a lil lube and its good as new. It put a huge smile on the
mechanics face when he got it going and went for a test drive.(yes I am a
DIYER but don't have to time or space to work on the car)

One of the things that the Mechanic managed to lose were the hinges for the
back hatch. It does not open at all and that is quite the problem. Does
anyone know the size, part numbers or specifics on the hinges. It would be a
great help!!

I will let you all now how it goes and am open to all of your help.

The posts have been great and I have a binder full of the ones that I
thought I would use when I finally got to getting 2694 on the road. Its
time!

Play Safe
David Barkase
Vancouver BC Canada