Re: Needs help with a Holly 500 cfm

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Needs help with a Holly 500 cfm
From: Jim & Ginny <jim-ginny@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 21:19:07 -0400
I would look at adjusting the idle mixture screws, located on the sides
of the primary metering block. These control the volume of the pre-mixed
air/fuel coming through the idle well. Turning the screws clockwise will
"lean" the idle system. Conversely, turning the screws counterclockwise
will "richen" the idle system.
I recommend using a vacuum gauge to help set them so you obtain the
highest reading.
Then look at the idle speed adjustment screw on the throttle linkage.
Turning it in raises the idle. Also set the timing too!

LOL
Jim