Window Regulators

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Window Regulators
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:04:05 EDT
I'm putting the door windows back in ol'  1343 and have a delema.  How can I
tell which window regulator goes on which door?   The only difference I can
see is that the rear bar has an L shaped extension where it connects to the
large gear.  The leg of the L can point up or down depending on which side of
the car it's on.  The diagrams in the manual only show the regulator as you
see it from inside the car.  From looking at the spring in the diagrams it
appears that the L points down and the spring unwinds when you roll the
window down and winds when you roll the window down.  This seems backwards as
I would think you would want the spring to unwind when you roll it up to help
overcome the weight of the glass and gravity.

Marvin