Re: powdery corrosion in air system

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powdery corrosion in air system
From: Adam Lazur <ajl4@lehigh.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:22:38 -0400
Isensee@aol.com (Isensee@aol.com) said:
> I have had a bit of powdery corrosion as well. I assume it is because of
> moisture in the system. I haven't had enough to hurt much so haven't look
> into ways to get rid of it.

Well, I dug into things a bit more yesterday and ascertained that the
powdery corrosion is coming from the driver side air cylinder (which
would explain why only one (the exhaust) valve was clogging up). I
guess it's time for a new door cylinder.

As an aside, I put a moisture filter in the system just off the
compressor. The old brass one was given to me with the car in a box of
parts and I never bothered to get it connected up... guess I learned
my lession with that one.

.adam

--
[     Adam Lazur | Computer Engr Ugrad | Lehigh Univ. |   _ __      ]
[        icq 3354423 | http://www.lehigh.edu/~ajl4    |__( | /_     ]