spring seat

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: spring seat
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 08:09:10 PDT
I've just pulled the right front coil spring on my 74 along with the spring
seat and have found a crack in the seat. The crack starts on the outer edge
on a level with the mounting bracket and extends inward for about 1/3 inch
towards the bushing. I only have 50,000 miles on the car. If this were to
continue, it could be a real problem in the event of a total failure while
underway.

Has anyone else experienced this?? Are the (lower) spring seats available
anywhere?? I have checked both the online parts list and the original parts
list that BI sells and can't locate them. Are the bushings available for the
spring seat? If I wind up having to have the seat welded, I'm afraid the
heat will destroy the rubber.

Thanks for any help.

Alan Coleman