Re: Gas Tank

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Tank
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 17:37:55 -0500
At 02:22 PM 3/4/01 -0600, George Iluk wrote:

>Am taking my gas tank to have the inside lined. They said they would put
>a drain cock at the bottom of the tank. Is this a good or bad idea ?
>good if you want to drain old gas --I guess . Any reason not to have
>this done?
> Also what is the original exterior color of the tank ?

George,

   I have a drain plug in my Morgan, and had one put in my Bricklin tank.
I find that they can be very useful, and wish I had them in my Voyager van
and my Volvo P1800.  If you ever have to work on the tank, get water in
the gas, etc. they are really worth the few bucks that it cost to have them
installed.  If you never use it, it's cheap insurance.