Re: headlights stay up

To: mdrig@email.msn.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: headlights stay up
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 04:00:13
>Got my wife's 75 back from having a new master cylinder put on this
>morning,
>(great brakes now!), but both headlights remain fully up, even when turning
>the switch on and of. I assume a hose was accidently pulled/ left unhooked.
>Where should I look for the culprit?

Your car has only one relay -- it should be right above the front air dam on
the driver's side if I remember correctly. There is a switched side that
goes to the headlights and has two runs to each, one to open and the other
to close -- the switched side also has a vacuum line.  On the switching side
there is one vacuum line -- that is the one you have to trace -- if no
vacuum there the default is open on the lights. This goes back to the inside
light switch and bypass.  From there it goes back out to the engine where it
gets vacuum from around the master cylinder -- should be easy to find -- if
you have any questions, we had an article on this in the Brickline about 2
years ago that I wrote. Kim