new engine

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: new engine
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:20:44 EDT
Ok this is probably a stupid question.  How many miles do you need to drive a
rebuilt engine before you switch to regular oil?  How many times do you
change the oil and filter in the first 1000 miles?  So far I think it has
been changed two times and still has nondetergent, and only driven 230 miles.
 I am planning to use the castrol semisynthetic.  Also is there any
recomendation for how to drive, as in no hard acceleration, rpm range, etc?
All I have heard is to take it easy for a while.  Thanks.

George