Oct issue

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Oct issue
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:44:13 -0400
Ok gang, I've said this before and I'll say it again.  I can't put out a
magazine if I don't get input.  For those of you that don't have any idea
what it takes, I spend between 40 and 60 hours laying out EACH issue.  If
I write an article it takes longer. And in case you didn't realize it,
I don't get paid.

So far for the Oct issue I have:

Jim Wajda      -  2 articles - 1 2/3 pages
Valerie Shreck -  1 article  - 1 page
Kevin Hand     -  1 article  - 4 pages
Terry Tanner   -  1 article  - 2/3 page been holding for a rainy day
Kim Marlia     -  1 article  - 1 2/3 pages
Humor          -  1 article  - 1 page
John T. Blair  -  1 article  - 1 page
---------------------------------------
Total          -  7 articles - 11 pages

Thats 13 pages short of what we want to publish!

I know there was a meet in July and that some of you were there.
Unfortunately, I could not make it.  But I'm pretty sure that it DID happen.
I have NOT received any articles about the meet, nor have I received
any pictures from the meet.

The deadline for the Oct. issues was supposed to be Aug 1st.  The magazine
has to leave my desk, for the printer, on Sept. 1st if you expect to get
it in October.

So come on, I know there are more than 6 of us on the mailing list that are
club members and know how to read and write.

Jim Wajda writes something for every issue.
Kevin Hand has written at least 3 articles in the last couple of years.
Terry Tanner has written countless items.
Kim Marlia has provided you all with many great tech articles.
I usually put together the What are they up to, Humor and have
written countless articles.

This is not the Wajda, Hand, Tanner, Marlia, Blair club.  So come on.  If
you have pictures from the meet, send me the duplicates.

How to submit an article:

What type article:  Anything - article about your trip, anything interesting
                    that happened on your way to the meet, a tech. article
                    about the last problem you had with your car.

How to send it:     I prefer to receive it electronically (e-mail). If you
                    send it this way, please DO NOT send the from as a DOC
                    file from the wordprocessor.  When you are done, and
                    ready to send it, save it for the last time.  When
                    saving it, in the "Save As" box select Rich Text Format
                    (RTF).  This is the universal format and we don't have
                    worry about different version of the WP or even different
                    word processors or computers (ie. MAC vs PC).

Pictures:           I prefer hardcopy photos.  So when you have your pictures
                    made, please get duplicates.  It doesn't cost that much
                    more.  Send me the dups.  I can't guarentee that you will
                    get them back.

                    If all you have are pictures from a digital camera, that's
                    fine.  However, DON'T process them with any software.
                    This caused information (pixels) to get lost.  The better
                    the picture, the better it looks in the magazine.

                    Due to the size of scanned photos, or digital pictures,

                    I prefer that you send them to me via snail mail.  For
                    digital pictures, I can handle CDs, Zip disks, and
                    floppy disks.  (Note I use a PC and not a MAC.)

To all those that have sent in articles - a very big  T H A N K   Y O U.
It makes it all possible.