rear shock mount-frame

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: rear shock mount-frame
From: "Ryan Rodgers" <bricklin_2568@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:47:31 -0500
  Ok, big broblem, about a month ago I went over a railroad track and I
noticed the hatch started rattling.  I shimmed and put all kinds of springs
to get the hatch to stop, but it wouldn't.  So then a few weeks ago I went
over another railroad track and the car shut down.  I have an electric fuel
pump right on the outside of the fuel tank, the power wire had rattled off
of the pump.  So I lengthened the wire and made sure it never comes off
again.  When I could get the car up in the air again I checked out
everything under it and I found the reason for the hatch rattle and the fuel
pump wire comming off.  The frame broke off where the right rear shock
mounts to it.  Now I need some advice on any way to put the frame back
together.  Any one with experience considering the gas tank is right there
and theres not much room to weld.