missing PS bracket? A/C conversion

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: missing PS bracket? A/C conversion
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:44:15 -0500
I'm hoping someone can take a gander at their 75 to see how the power
steering pump is bracketed to the motor.   I've been told that different Bs
can use different PS units and this is the one that has a separate round
reservoir with a dipstick cap.  While converting the old compressor to a new
Sanden, it was discovered that the pump is only being held by a front
bracket without any bolt or bracket at the rear of the pump making this a
very wobbly installation.  A good deal of performance mods were performed on
this motor and it is not known if their is a missing bracket or an incorrect
install of this PS unit.   If anyone can take a look at their install
(admittedly a little tougher with the original compressor), and see how
theirs is braced that would be great.  If they know of a crossover or
availability of a missing part, that would be even greater.  As always, any
info is greatly appreciated.   As for the A/C Sanden conversion kit install,
it is still in progress and a complete recap will be posted asap.

thanks
stephan #2821