Re: silicone/AMC?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: silicone/AMC?
From: "Steve Owens" <go2toa@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:50:06 +0000
In reality, I would most likely be in some racing (30-60 min. road
racing--not 1/4 mi.).  But the mailing list is starting to make it seem
unwise for all but the "Race Only" cars.  What I've not been able to recall
from the decade ago is what accommodations were needed (aside from the
flushing of the old system).  I wonder if it's even possible to do "any"
vehicle*--it's tricky enough to locate "normal" brake rebuild soft parts for
what appears to be a '74 AMC Hornet brake system.  Finding "special"
seals--if needed--for such a car seems impossible or nearly so.

* I think the US military decided to convert a lot of their vehicles but
that may have not been uneconomical if they were having custom parts for
their less ordinary vehicles (eg. Not their late model GM/Chevy trucks).