carbs, mods, and crazy drivers

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: carbs, mods, and crazy drivers
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:18:08 -0500
There's been a lot of good talk about carbs and other common mods.  I have a
pretty standard 351w with Edelbrock Performer series heads, cam, intake,
timing chain, stock ratio roller rockers, with an MSD 6 box, billet
distributor (pro-billet, NOT the ready-to-crap one), wires, and NGK plugs
coupled to a stock 95 Mustang tubular shortie headers (which had to be
modified to fit), 2 1/4 exhaust (long story why not 2.5") into a Bassani SS
muffler that is the closest match to a stock B muffler I have ever seen.
The Holley 4v, dual feed, 650 vac sec w/elec choke is sitting on an
Edelbrock heat insulator and 1/2" alum divided spacer all under a 13" air
cleaner tucking beneath the stock hood.  The Holley has been rejetted down
and the quick change spring kit uses the second to the weakest spring for
the sec., offering no bog at WOT.  Mech advance (the MSD pro billet small
head distributor offers both mech and vac) has been set to 28deg and vac
lockout in order to provide good low end torque easily spinning the tires
with the stock FMX tranny with shift kit readily chirping the tires in
second during moderate acceleration and quickly started with a Tilton