here's your change and daily driver insurance

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: here's your change and daily driver insurance
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 02:41:08 -0500
"Stephane, if you ever lived in Britain you would find the philosopy of "the
community comes first" works to the advantage of everyone and is built into
E.U. regulations."

    In Britaine, your anti-missile system would most likely NOT be
permitted. <grin> Owen, once again you are comparing apples to oranges.
Then again, the history of GBs imposing of their culture onto others is not
limited, and the disasters that resulted well documented.  Hard lessons,
what have we learned?
    The example you are citing has a lot to do with whether you are in the
"right" community, and unfortunately, the same folk who want to decide
what's best for everyone are often the same ones that decide who's best.
Oddly, your argument illustrates my point better than I ever could.  No hard
feelings, Owen, I appreciate your thoughts, and again, no thank you.

Oh yea, the Bricklin, I went through AAA and Progressive insurance.  It is a
standard full coverage policy (comp, collision, theft, etc.), no mileage
limitations, a standard deductible, though I believe you must also have
another car registered to you and insured by anyone.  I've got too many and
I honestly can't remember.  I can tell you it costs about the same to insure
as a 2000 BMW Roadster, which is not cheap (Florida is not known for cheap
insurance rates).  Progressive required an inspection of the vehicle, along
with a written appraisal.  The appraisals can be performed by either TT or
Bob H..  Upon inspection, they were amazed at the condition of the vehicle
and had no problem writing the policy.

hope this helps

stephan #2821