Re: Any old 74 carbs around?

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any old 74 carbs around?
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:15:28 -0500
My suggestion is to go with an Edelbrock replacement if possible, and not
too large (like 4v500cfm tops), with elec choke, vac. sec, yada yada.
Popping one of these puppies in is easier than rebuilding, quite reliable
and drivable right out of the box.  Jim may wish to add a simple kit that
modifies the float bowl assembly for better off the line acceleration.
Personally, I have a Holley on my 75, as most already know, but I think the
EB is more consistent at idle and less touchy.  Of course, the cheapest way
to go is just with a stock rebuild.  Tanner should have reliable rebuilds
available though local suppliers may offer a better deal.  He's also had a
good deal of experience with the EBs.  I'm sure other listers have more good
suggestions.

stephan #2821