Hydralic Door Problems

To: "Bricklin Email List" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hydralic Door Problems
From: "Frank Alaimo" <Alaimoknj@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:24:48 -0400
Hi everyone,

I had a little problem at the NJ inspection station on Monday.  My hydralic
doors decided not to work.  Unfortunately, one of the vehicle inspectors was
inside at the time and had to crawl out the back hatch.  Needless to say the
car failed inspection.

There is plenty of juice going to the system and you hear a click when you hit
the door button but no movement of the doors.  My hydralic pump has a fluid
leak and I recently filled it with fluid (last Sunday) but the doors worked
fine Sunday and Monday morning until the "incident".

Any ideas on possible causes?  I am not a do-it-yourselfer but with a new
problem a week I will need to become one.

Thanks in advance for any possible solutions.

Frank
No. 1570