Radiator rebuild opportunity

Subject: Radiator rebuild opportunity
From: "Michael V. Mitchell" <Bricklin1155@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 06:50:30 -0400
I was out at a cruise last evening and got into a conversation with a
local business owner concerning the heat problems with the Bricklin.
Apparently, I peaked Roger's interest - owner of a local radiator repair
shop here in Medina, OH. (I've known Roger in a casual fashion for a
number of years - he sponsors, supports and attends a number of the car
shows and cruise-ins in the area and has been in business here as long
as I can remember. He's done work for me on my cars over the years and
has always done excellent work.

Roger apparently took it as a challenge! He made an offer to the first
Bricklin owner who responds in a serious manner. He will rebuild the
radiator without charging for labor. You will be expected to get the
radiator to and from his shop and pay for the materials. He's interested
in examining a radiator out of the car and becoming the 'go-to guy' for
Bricklin radiator repairs. I'll be assisting by providing Roger with
relevant items from this newsgroup as well as well as allowing him to
examine my car in detail.

Why don't I take him up on this offer? I will if the end of the car
season comes before I get a good candidate. (I've made appearance
commitments and can't take the 'B' out of service until the end of the
show season.) My car presently does not have cooling problems, either,
which does not make for a good test of Roger's work. (Gee, the car
hasn't overheated since I had the radiator recored - but then again, it
never did!) Should winter come and the car is put up for the season
before anyone takes Roger up on his generous offer though, I will take
advantage of it myself. What do I get out of this? Someone local for me
to recommend to repair 'B' Radiators and who can locate or fabricate the
tanks (which I understand are a bit unusual). I also support our local
businessmen wherever possible, and hope that with a good review he will
garner additional work from the Bricklin owner community. What does
Roger get out of this? Hopefully, a good review and more business from
the Bricklin community. I've also told him that I'd place his business
information on the MBO website. I think he also took it as a
professional challenge, too.

Drop me a line, especially if you've got a 'B' radiator already out of
the car (or willing to remove it now) and will be re-assembling it upon
its return. This is a good opportunity for an inexpensive rebuild. You
will also be expected to confer with Roger during the rebuild (if
requested), evaluate the work and provide your opinions to the group.
The ideal candidate would be one with current heat issues and able to
test the results promptly. (It would be unfair to Roger to have the
radiator untested for an extended period of time.) Please contact me
immediately for more information. Best candidate who responds promptly
will be given the opportunity.

Thanks!

Michael V. Mitchell / Webmaster@Bricklins.net
Midwest Bricklin Owners / www.Bricklins.net