Re: dip it

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dip it
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:53:23 -0500
> Looking for some stuff for removing rust from
> steel....Dont want to sad blast just dip it any idea what
> stuff can I use thanks ...

Serge,

How big of a part?  Is it only surface rust, or big scalely
stuff?

If it's surface rust, then try using Phospohroic acid like
DuPonts 5017 Metal conditioner (or metal prep) also Ospho.

For large scaley stuff, you'll have to knock that down with
something, either chip it away, or use a wire brusk - I use
a 10,000rpm 4" angle grinder with a Knotted wire bruse on
it.

Hope this helps.  Maybe Rick (HTC) will have more info. for
you.