Re:

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:07:49 -0500
> Hello i am having problems with my drivers side window on
> my 75. It keeps falling out of the channel,i think the
> glass has been replaced and was wondering if it was
> rebonded  incorrectly? any help would be appreciated thank
> you vin 818

There are a couple of problems with the windows all of which
will cause problems:

1. The regulators are actually too small for the windows,
and
   have a tendency to bend.  Once the reg. arm bends the
window
   gets harder to roll up and down.  Consiquently, the arm
will
   bend more.

2. If the channel insulation is original, this can cause a
   problem.  As it wears, the fuzzy stuff gets warn off
leaving
   the rubber backing to touch the glass.  The rubber will
stick
   to the glass, making the window harder to roll up and
down.

3. There is a quazy vertical (front) front channel in the
75s.
   From the factory the angle on this is wrong so it doesn't
   hold the window correctly.  You need to make a spacer and
   install it at the bottom of the front channel so that the
   channel is parallel to the rear window frame.

4. There is a short piece of channel that the rear arm for
the
   regulator rides in.  This may need adjusting up or down.
   it controls how much the window is allowed to rock.  When
   this goes out of adjustment, the window will pull out of
the
   channel that goes around the door.

5. Originally, the glass was glued to the horizontal bar
that
   rides on the regulator.  This glue fails and the window
falls
   off the track and into the door.  There is a mod. to the
   window and how it attaches to the horizontal bar.  A
small
   piece of U channel is welded to the top of the horizontal
   bar.  Then the window is glued into this channel.

Hope this helps.

John

   horizontal bar that rides on the regulator.  What has
been
   done to a lot of the cars, is that
then
    .

  You'd need
to know if your doors have ever been rebuilt.