Re: doors

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: doors
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:54:28 -0400
At 01:49 PM 4/21/03 -0700, Curtis Wolfe wrote:

>does anyone know how I adjust the doors on the car to fit flush with the
roof.
>mine stick up about a quarter inch.thanks

Curtis,

There are a couple of reasons for this.  How to adjustment depends on why
they are high.

1. Is car still equiped with hydrolic doors?  If so chances are that you
   won't be able to fix it.  As soon as you get it right, the hydrolics
   will deform the door and the problem will reoccur.

2. Look at the back edge of the door where it goes from vertical to
horizontal.
   Is the metal of the door frame cracked?  If so, the doors will have to be
   restored and have the boomarang stiffner installed.

3. Have the hinges been bent?  You will have to pull the hinges and check
   to see that both 1/2 of the hing are flat.  This will require realigning
   the doors.

4. Has someone monkeyed with the doors, and messed up the shims at the hinges
   in the roof?  Try shiming the hinges down some.  I don't remember the max
   thickness of the shims, but it's something like 1/4" or less.

5. Have the doors been bent during the ownership by someone else?  The doors
   will have to be bent back to the right shape.

I think that most of the causes.  Hope this helps.

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V