#2875 - Need advice on selling....

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: #2875 - Need advice on selling....
From: "Robert Miller" <bobworld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 0:43:2 -0500
Hey guys,

I have been having some severe health problems and may need to sell my '75
Bricklin. (#2875)

It's white (painted over white acrylic) with about 50k on it. I had
high compression heads,  shorty headers, and an Edelbrock 4 barrel and
intake manifold, high perf cam put on. ... I also have new GY Eagle TA's with
custom "Centerline" aluminum wheels,  a new radiator with booster electric
fan. Also a high perf. muffler not yet installed...new battery and
other things I can't remember, you know, all that stuff you spend money on when
you first get the Bricklin you drooled over in high school.....

On the bad side, the extra umphh caused my camshaft bearings to go
out....it started to sound like a diesel just 3 miles from the guys shop who
did
the work.... I slowly limped it back to him where it sat for a year..The whole
engine needs to be pulled and re-done and that's why the mech shop let it
sit...
as they were going to give me a deal on it since they did the first
re-build...but they let rot on their parking lot...for a year////.a door
panel has de-laminated on top....rain leaked into the interior, molding and
ruining the carpet I hadn't glued in yet... I got pissed and had them flat bed
wrecker it to my yard....(I still have the original wheels and many of the
original parts I replaced with high perf stuff to go with it...in case I wanted
to go back original.)

My health has gotten real bad...I'm not allowed to strain anything (bad
heart) and I need to sell it to pay all my medical bills...what do you think
would be fair?  I paid $5000 in Los Angeles for it with 40K (all original
parts)...had it shipped back to Little Rock...and I know I can't ever recoup
the
money I paid or poured into it.(another $3000)....but it's really a great
candidate for restoration...

I want to sell it fair and a good deal for a Bricklin enthusiast
...(Maybe put a clause that I can the first to buy it back if they sell!)..I
haven't put an ad for it and hope I can pass it to someone who enjoys car toys
like I do....I don't which is worse for my heart: wishing I could afford to
have
someone do the work needed for me or giving it up...

So give me some private e-mail opinions for a fair price and spread the
word  in the Bricklin community that I'm considering selling it...I would
give a Bricklin member a real deal, cause I want it in good hands that will
restore it...(this really hurts to let it go) My loss could really be someones
gain....E-mail me for info and pics....

--- Robert Miller

--- bobworld@earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.