Canadian meet

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, BRICKLINEWS@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Canadian meet
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 22:05:01 -0400
I just received the following email from the Club Pres:

John

-------------

From: "James Wajda" <jameswajda@msn.com>
Subject: Bricklin National Meet in Canada
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:38:44 -0700

Gentlemen;

I just wanted to take some time to write about the Canadian Bricklin meet.
Suzanne Hoekstra has done an excellent job as of this date organizing the
meet.  We have a sponsor this year.  Canadian Molson is providing us with
ten cases of beer.  The trophies have mostly been paid for by local
business. Pre-registration is strong with many people interested in
attending. There is even a CBC film crew from New Brunswick to film the event.

However, I have heard some rumblings about SARS.

SARS is in Toronto and it is currently localized to Hospital staff.
Chatham in 100 miles South of Toronto and there have been no known cases of
SARS in Chatham.

I have been traveling around the country extensively.  Yes including Canada
and San Francisco.  I have even worked many Asian flights.  However,  I
have seen no signs of SARS nor do I know anyone who has contracted the
virus.  I can understand the fear, but the reality at this point is that
you have a better chance getting in a car accident than coming down with
SARS.  I think the media has blown this our of proportion.  Our crews
presently meet every asian arrival into SFO airport.  In addition, my
company deals with the sick and elderly passengers.  Although we have
handled suspected and confirmed SARS passengers.  None of our employees
have come down with the virus.

So lets enjoy the Bricklin meet.  Remember, it still is 6 weeks away.
Don't let media hysteria ruin your Bricklin experience.

I just read in the Wall Street Journal that the World Health Organization
noted today that SARS is on the decrease and has died out as an epidemic in
Asia.

Please forward this email to the various Bricklin Chat rooms.

Jim Wajda
President
Bricklin International

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V