Re: no power

To: WUZNTME2@aol.com
Subject: Re: no power
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:41:58 -0400
At 04:21 PM 6/10/03 EDT, WUZNTME2@aol.com wrote:

>I sent a message about a week ago saying that none of my gauges / vents /
>interior / exterior lights work.

Mike,

For starters, the gauges are all off the same power line.

I don't understand what you mean by vents?

The interior an exterior lights are on different circuits.

>I checked all the fuses, made sure the gauges wire clusters are hooked up
>and snug, and I still have no power..the door switches still work,  is it
>possible that there are other bad fuses / relays that may be causing this?

The doors are on a seperate power source, there are one 2 relays (normally)
in the car, 1 for the horn and the starter solenoid.

>I did notice that the volt gauge is still getting power even if the key is
>out of the ignition... I have to disconnect the battery to get it to go
off...

You have a volt meter?  I thought all the cars had an amp meter.  If you
do really have a volt meter, it sounds like it is wired wrong.  It should
come off of one of the power lines that is feed by the "run" position of
the ign. switch.  It sounds like it was wired right off the battery.

>Could it maybe be the ignition switch? Anyone got any ideas
>before I start ripping my car apart? Has anyone had a similar problem?

There is only 2 things I can think of that all the systems, you are having
problems with, have in common.  That is the firewall penetration block and
the grounds.

There should be about 3 black wires connected to the back of the driver side
fender well.  This forms the main ground for a lot of the systems.

You can check the firewall penetration and fuse block are all tight.  If
that isn't it, try removing the fuse block and see that the wires are all
connected, that there isn't a broken or loose wire.

Hope this helps.

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V