74 speedo cable

To: "Bricklin List" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 speedo cable
From: "Roderick Keeler" <rkeeler@sierratel.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:11:35 -0700
Hi all,

I seem to have been taking my instrument panel out quite a bit lately, and
I'm getting tired of always having to first disconnect the speedo cable at
the transmission.  A while back, someone suggested having a longer cable
made.  Does anyone know where I could have this done?  Also, the parts cross
reference does not list a Napa part number for the '74 automatics, but it
lists the same number for both the '74 4-speeds and the '75s.  Has anyone
tried to fit that cable to a '74 automatic or found a different one that
will work?

Thanks in advance,

Rod
Roderick Bliss Keeler, Ph.D.