RE: FW: Motor Question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FW: Motor Question
From: "Steve Owens" <go2toa@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:16:25 +0000
The online bricklin parts reference is right in saying "use with caution".
I wanted to get a rear anti-sway bar.  I looked at the gymkhana kit,
intended for Javelins/etc.  Tanner said it wouldn't fit because the axle
width was not AMC Javelin/Hornet width (though the differential may be the
same).  I think the AMC axles would have the wheels stick out, pimp style
you know.   So your donor would be another vehicle type?  I'd be careful.

Re: engine swap, are you willing to swap to a thinner steering column?
custom (expensive) headers?  use a 460 that can take a rear oil sump?  if
necessary, you'd give up an accessory (a/c)?  buy a bigger fan?  have trans
experts confirm existing trans will hook up without too much hassle?  if you
answer yes to all questions, but you can't find someone to confirm it will
work, i think you should go for it...imho