Door helper struts

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door helper struts
From: "Brian Cochran" <bricklin2264@usa.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:18:45 -0700
I have a new pair of helper struts for the air door system.  The problem is
that they frequently pop off when I close the doors.  Is there a certain way
they go on, or do I need new brackets for them to mount to?  I don't know how
the old struts worked, because there have never been any installed since I've
owned the car (the brackets were there, but no struts).  I have seen two
different types of brackets.  On the ones I have the ball is angled towards the
roof, but I've also seen some where the ball comes straight out.  Does it
matter which ones I have?  Thanks.

Brian Cochran
Bricklin 2264
http://www.geocities.com/p5kr/index2.html