Re: Car won't start - Carburetor problem?

To: "Kevin Rodgers" <krodgers@nautel.com>
Subject: Re: Car won't start - Carburetor problem?
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:43:36 -0400
> By the way, I replaced the original carburetor with a new 500 CFM Holley

Judging from this statement I would say either the float  is stuck open or
the level isn't set properly. Depending on the model of the Holley, you have
to (with the engine idling) remove the little plug on the side of the bowl
and adjust the nut and lock screw on the top of the bowl till the fuel level
is just at the lower edge of the hole. BTW don't allow that gas soaked oil
to stay in too long, gas is not a good lubricant for bearings.
 There may be a chunk-o-debris in the needle and seat that is holding it
open. this is another reason to always run an inline filter near the carb.
it is probably time to buy a set of bowl gaskets and get acquainted with Mr.
float and his kids needle and seat.
 The only other issue may be too much fuel pressure, If you have an electric
pump you need a regulator.