Re: AMC Carb

To: colemaal@hotmail.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AMC Carb
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:55:39 EST
I have the Holley 600 cfm as recommended by Terry. (The stock carb was not
that great to begin with, mine was having some problems, and I wanted to
actually drive the car) I think it is an 1850 model, with vacuum secondaries,
and
manual choke.  I believe there is an electric choke available also.  It was
fairly straightforward to bolt on and install, and I have not messed with it
much
at all in the 7-8 years since I got it.  Of course I kept the old carb (same as
any other removed part) and did not literally "pitch it."

I also found some files for rebuilding the stock carb.  The original site
seems to have gone away, so I will edit the links and upload all the images
tomorrow.  For now, the text can be found here:
http://members.aol.com/glcurley/bricklin/model4300.html

George Curley (#220, 670)