Re: theft prevention for bricks

To: "Serge Berube" <serge.ber@sympatico.ca>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: theft prevention for bricks
From: "Smoky & Connie Panepinto" <spanepinto@netcarrier.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:24:49 -0500
I am partial to an easy, inexpensive and effective theft-deterrent.  It is
probably most effective against joy-rider types rather than the pros, who will
get the car regardless:

I simply install a single-action switch on the hot side of the coil wire.  I
hide the switch somewhere in the cockpit - under the dash, or disguise it as a
foglamp toggle, etc.
Everything works, but unless the switch is thrown, the engine will just crank
and crank, never catching.  I feel it convinces the perp that the car is just
tempermental, and he'd be better off finding another target.

Smoky P.

Smoky Panepinto

'75 Bricklin (Suntan)
'63 Lincoln Convertible (Black/Maroon/White)