Re: Source for body side molding

To: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Subject: Re: Source for body side molding
From: "Paul J. Amoroso" <amo@access995.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:18:18 -0500
I have had to replace some of my body molding.  I went to a local shop
that supplies paint & molding to body shops.  They had some very close
but not an exact match......it was about 1/8 inch narrower.  I replaced
one side of the car and left the other side alone.  It comes in a roll
and you cut it to fit.  Make the cuts (through the thickness) at an
angle to match those on the car.

QUESTION:  how does everyone that has had body molding come loose,
reattach them?  I used a very sticky two sided tape but it seems to only
last for a couple years.  Due to the joints in the body panels, you
don't get a very good surface to stick to.  Anybody have a suggestion?
Thanks.

Amo  (Paul Amoroso)