Re: Valuation Enquiry #1275

To: rick@hightechcoatings.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valuation Enquiry #1275
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:45:09 EST
Absolutely true.  I doubt an appraiser without an intimate knowledge of
Bricklins could tell you what it was really worth as it related to cost of
restoration.  At best, they might be able to give you an idea what someone "off
the
street" might pay.  The price range for unrestored Bricklins is all over the
map
(anywhere from $1,000-$8000, more or less).  Without specific knowledge, a
price is based more on superficial appearance or perhaps drivetrain condition
rather than the actual values or costs of what is broken/missing vs. what is
not.  That is to say, a car can appear to be not bad but actually more
expensive
to restore than one that looks really terrible.  You could also take it to
Terry for a restoration estimate.

George