Re: headlight bracket

To: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: headlight bracket
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:45:53 -0500
At 05:33 PM 3/5/2005 +0000, Alan Coleman wrote:
>I am installing the BPS headlight system in #246 and while removing the
>spring from the headlight bracket, the nylon pin that runs through the
>spring snapped.  I'll call Terry on Monday to see what he suggests using,
>but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else has had to replace theirs and
>find out what they used.  I thought about a stainless bolt with washers and
>the nut secured with thread lock.  Any suggestions?????

Alan,

Have you tried any of your local hardware stores to see if they don't carry
some nylon rod?

I just look at MSC's web site www.mscdirect.com they have a bunch of that
stuff also, all kinds of material:

ABS
Acetal
Acrylic
Black Acetal
Black Nylon 6/6
C/CE Canvas
Cast Polyurethane
Clear Cast Acrylic
CPVC
Glass-Filled Black Polycarbonate
Glass-Filled Teflon PTFE
G10/FR4
G5/G9
G7
High Density Polyethylene
HT G-11/FR5
L/LE Linen
Low Density Polyethylene
Mechanical Teflon PTFE
Natural Acetal
Natural Cast Nylon
Natural Nylon 6/6
Natural Polycarbonate
Natural Ultem (PEI)
Noryl (PPO)
Nylon 6/12
Nylon 6/6
Nylon 6/6 with Kevlar
PBT Polyester
PEEK
PET
Polcarbonate- Natural Color
Polycarbonate
Polypropylene
Polystyrene
Polyurethane
PVC
PVDF
UHMW-Polyethylene
Virgin Teflon PTFE

Most of which I dont' know what it is.  Much less the difference in the
several types of Nylon.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

If you are reading it in English - Thank a soldier!!