Re: Heater box alignment

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater box alignment
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 18:51:41 -0400
At 02:44 PM 5/1/2005 -0500, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

>Has anyone ever fabricated something to fix the alignment problem between the
>heater and AC box?  Is there a solution available from one of the
suppliers or
>is the answer some cardboard and duct tape?

Kevin,

Yes, Terry Tanner has come up with a set of 3 brackets to relocate and help
align the heater and AC boxes.  If you do the realignment, you'll have to
grind some of the fiberglass on the xmission tunnel down to help the fit.
The one drawback is that defroster ducting doesn't line up correctly then.
But you do get better air flow.  You will still need to come up with
something to try and seal off the little space between the boxes.  On my
Honda, there is a metal band with some foam on it to seal these gaps.  On
the Bricklin, I just tried to seal the crack with duct tape after installing
Terry's brackets.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229